These are our tips for applying make-up at home.
• Prepare a smooth canvas for your make-up
• Keep your skin free of build-ups by using a gentle cleanser morning and night, use gently with an upwards stroking motion
• Freshen your skin with a toner after cleansing
• Indulge your skin and keep it hydrated with a moisturiser
• Treat yourself to an at home facial 2 to 3 times a week. Use a mild cleanser, and then exfoliate with a gentle scrub.
• Apply a face mask after exfoliating. Rinse off thoroughly and get a good nights sleep.
The secret to a natural, flawless look
• Apply foundation to cheeks, forehead and chin using a foundation brush or sponge, or clean fingertips.
• Blend the foundation all the way to your natural hairline with long light strokes. Continue blending over the jaw line and onto your neck to achieve a natural, seamless look.
• Check your face and neck in natural light to make sure it is all blended in.
• If under eye circles or red spots remain, do not add more foundation as it can look heavy and cakey. Instead, try a concealer.
A few extra tips
• Choose the shade of your foundation carefully- pick one that matches the tone of your jaw-line exactly.
• Begin by applying a small amount of foundation, the increase to achieve the degree of coverage that suits your skin.
Alternately come to The Vineyard Spa and try our Makeup Lesson and Application at £70.00.
The Vineyard Spa